Friday 29 April 2011

Button wants to end F1 career with McLaren


Jenson Button says he wishes to end his career with his current team, McLaren, saying he can't see himself racing in F1 unless it's with the British outfit.

The 2009 world champion joined McLaren at the start of the 2010 season after leaving Brawn GP, having clinched the drivers' title. He has been with the team in various guises since joining them from Renault in 2003.

He started his F1 career with Williams over ten years ago.

"When I finish racing here, I won't be racing in Formula 1 anymore," Button told Autosport magazine. "I'm very happy here. I want to enjoy my racing and I'm really enjoying my time here. I can't see any reason to be anywhere else.

"I'm driving for one of the best teams in the world. It's a position that most drivers would love to be in and I've worked very hard for it. I might be around for three years, five years...I don't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.